How to Install Android SDK and ADT Plugin in Eclipse Kepler
March 30, 2014
Android is the fastest growing mobile operating system. We can create a huge number of applications using Android platform. Android operating system is based on Java programming language. In this page we are introducing how to create Android environment in eclipse. You can choose eclipse software as Juno, Kepler or Luna version of eclipse. To develop android application in eclipse, we need
1. Android SDK
2. Android Development Tools (ADT Plugin for Eclipse)
We will install Android Development Tools (ADT) and Android SDK using Eclipse Marketplace.
1. Go to Help -> Eclipse Marketplace and search for android. Select Android Development Tools For Eclipse
2. Select the required software and click on finish.
3. Eclipse has installed the Android Development Tools. After restart, eclipse will ask the path for Android SDK installation or you can allow eclipse to install Android SDK on default path.
4. To check the successful installation, click on Window
menu in eclipse. You must be able to see Android SDK Manager
and Android Virtual Device Manager
5. Now go to Window-> Android SDK Manager
and click on Install package
. For first time installation, go by default selection for the Android Tools and android API.
By this window you can install different Android Tools and different version of Android API time to time.
6. Enjoy Android Development.You may like the below topic.
Android + Eclipse Simple Example Step by Step