How to Change Drive Letter in Windows 8
December 17, 2013When you install the Windows OS, the operating system automatically assigned the letter to your main drive i.e. to your partition of hard disk. But according to need or requirement you can change the drive letter. For changing the name of drive letter see the below steps and follow.
1. Go to your Desktop >>> Right Click on Computer >>> Manage or go to your Main Drive >>>Computer >>> Manage.
2. When you click on the Manage a window will open, find the Disk Management and click on it.
3. Now select the Drive which you want to change the letter and make a Right Click on it.
4. Click on the Change Drive Letter and Paths.. This will appear. Click on the Change..
5. When you click on the Change.. This will open. Click on the Letter and choose.
6. OK >>> Exit.