Create Local LDAP Server in Eclipse with Apache Directory Studio
March 26, 2014To learn LDAP and integrate with our sample program, we need a local LDAP server. So here we will see how to create local ldap server. Apache Directory Studio is a complete tool that provides ApacheDS server, LDAP browser, LDIF editor etc. Apache Directory Studio can be installed in eclipse and we will be able to get complete feature. ApacheDS is a LDAP server which we will integrate in eclipse and then it can start and stop from eclipse editor itself. We will create our local setup in eclipse step by step.
1. Go to eclipse Help->Install New Software
2. Use URL http://directory.apache.org/studio/update/2.x
3. Select all and click on next.
4. Accept the license and click on finish. At last you will be asked to restart the eclipse.
5. To check if you have successfully installed the tool, go to eclipse menu and check for Window->Show View->Other and You will be able to see LDAP Browser and LDAP Servers
7. Right click on LDAP Server View. Go To New->New Server. You will see the below screen.
8. To start server, right click on server and select run as below.
11. In this way Local LDAP server is installed. The URL format with default port will be like ldap://127.0.0.1:10389/